Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or your team and, depending of the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, the following can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third Party Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, or by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the period of time they remain activated on the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookie designed to request and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and expire when logging out or closing the browser.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored on the terminal so that it can be accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, these can be:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or web page and use the different options or services that are available such as, including those used by the publisher to allow the management and operation of the website and to enable its functions and services such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts.
When these technical cookies, solely and exclusively allow the service requested by the user, as referred to in the previous paragraph, they will be exempt from requesting the user’s consent for their installation.
Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria on the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser. They are those that allow the person in charge of the same, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, the web page or the platform and to create user browsing profiles.
Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which makes it possible to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: they are those that allow the person responsibleforthem the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, the application or the platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data that they make the users of the service.
COOKIES USED ON THE WEB
Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from the equipment or domain managed by the website editor and from which the Service requested by the user is provided. Only own cookies are used to predetermine the language selected by the user.
Which in turn classidied according to purpose , arenecessary technical cookies .. We remind you, as we mentioned earlier, that they are those that they help make a website usable by enabling basic features such as page navigation ,access to areas of the website , to allow the requested service to be provided to the user, as is the assumption of the language; As FOT these technical cookiesare used exclusively forthis purposeand no other, they are exempt from asking the user’s consent to install them.The website cannot function properly without these cookies. However, you should know that you can disable them whenever you want from your browser, but it is possible that the operation of the website is incorrect.
Third-party cookies: Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google Inc., which collects information to prepare statistical reports on which pages of the website have been consulted, how the website was accessed, at what time, with which browser , etc. Later this information is sent to the servers of Google Inc. You can obtain more information about the cookies used by the Google Analytics service at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=es-419
Google Analytics has developed a tool that can be installed in the browser in case you do not want to be tracked by cookies: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=es
In order to accept or reject analysis cookies, which require consent, buttons have been enabled that appear when entering the website. By pressing “SAVE AND ACCEPT”, the selection of analysis cookies you have made will be saved. If you have not selected any option enabled for these purposes, pressing this button will be equivalent to rejecting all analysis cookies. If you accept the installation of analysis cookies and subsequently want to uninstall them, you must proceed to delete them from your browser, which you can configure to reject or accept cookies, delete them manually or to delete them automatically when you close your browser, computer or device. More information in the next apt.
How to modify the cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from Cerva or any other website, using your browser. The operation is different in each browser, the “Help” function will show you how to do it.
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10 https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/eliminar-y-administrar-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/es/